Ist GRAND PRIX MADRID MARCHA LALIGA
WORLD ATHLETICS RACE WALKING TOUR
- ORGANIZER: The I Gran Premio MADRID MARCHA, Cita de Campeones, is a race integrated in the World Athletics Race Walking Tour and the official calendar of the Real Federación Española de Atletismo (Royal Spanish Athletics Federation).
The event is organized by G2O Publisport.
- CATEGORY: The I Gran Premio MADRID MARCHA, Cita de Campeones, has the GOLD category within the circuit. That is, it provides the maximum places score for the the general classification of the World Athletics Race Walking Tour. It also scores for the 20km RW World Ranking.
- DATE AND CIRCUIT. The I Gran Premio MADRID MARCHA will be held on Monday, May 16, 2022, a public holiday.
The race will take place in the 1km regulated urban circuit, in the Gran Vía of Madrid, between Plaza de Callao and the Telefónica building, Gran Vía subway station. The start and finish line will be located in the surroundings of Plaza de Callao.
- PROVISIONAL SCHEDULE.
12.00 h 3km U14 and U16 MIXED
12:30 h 5km U18 and U20 MIXED
13:15 h 10km Senior. MIXED.
Athletes interested in participating in the II Gran Premio MADRID MARCHA must send an application form to the following e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org), for evaluation by the organising committee. Participation will be by invitation only in order to provide and guarantee the highest level of the athletic event, whose aspiration is to become a reference event worldwide. In order to guarantee the correct running of the event, the maximum number of bibs for each of the three races (3km, 5km and 10km) will be 80 athletes, divided into 40 athletes per gender.
Age group categories:
Registration for age group categories must be done through the platform enabled by the Athletics Federation of Madrid. It will be a requirement to be federated and make the payment of 3€.
The platform link will be available as of March 1 and will be published in these regulations.
- TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION AID: The participation of national and foreign athletes in the absolute 10km races will be by invitation. The organization will communicate the existence of travel and accommodation assistance, if any, to each of the athletes who submit their request.
A commemorative medal of the II GP Internacional Madrid Marcha will be awarded to the first three finishers in each category, from U14 to senior, both male and female.
- FINANCIAL PRIZES IN THE ABSOLUTE MEN'S AND WOMEN'S
1º: 3.000 € 6º: 700 €
2º: 2.000 € 7º: 500 €
3º: 1.500 € 8º: 400 €
4º: 1.000 € 9º: 300 €
5º: 800 € 10º: 250 €
The prizes will be subject to withholding tax in accordance with Spanish tax regulations.
- LEGAL FRAMEWORK: Anything not directly provided for in these regulations will be resolved in accordance with the current regulations of the Royal Spanish Athletics Federation and World Athletics.